Sunday 28 October 2018

LZX Cadet - Fader VI - DIY - video synth

Some pics of my LZX Cadet fader build.
It's a 2-input, 1-output voltage controlled crossfader module.
This is the 6th eurorack module in the series to build a video synthesizer.

I am an independent builder and have nothing to do with LZX industries.
These aren't official build notes, just my records to help me trouble shoot.
It's a work in progress.
Do let me know if you spot any errors or omissions.
The module is possibly based around the old LZX triple video fader & Key Generator module (TVF & kg).
The TVF & kg  has 3 voltage controlled faders & 3 comparators (Key Generators)

R13, R15 - DNP - do not place

This video amp ic is out of stock at mouser.
584-LT1251CN#PBF
LT1251CN#PBF 

I'm using this instead:
584-LT1256CN#PBF
LT1256CN#PBF 


It's the core component. Very useful. You will also find it used in the Cadet X Multiplier module 
 

I reckon you should build a few of these faders.



iT'S done.

ICs etc used in this project:
TL072IP
LT1251CN#PBF
LM6172IN/NOPB
TL431BQLPR

Patches:
If you patch the squarewave and triangle wave into a Fader module (CV in and ch1 in, you get a Sawtooth wave too. (only half though)

---------------------------
Click here to access the Video Index page

2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic info, thank you! Do you think the LT1256CN ended up working out? Seems legit. The Cadet V, VI and X are the last of the set I am building and I'm also having a frick of a time finding the chip listed on their BOM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Alexander, Yes the LT1256CN worked well.
      Glad you found this post useful.
      Happy patching, jono

      Delete