Saturday 19 January 2019

Lorre-Mill U Tone build notes

Some pics of my build of the U-tone diy synth.
Looks like a cool way to learn about CMOS ICs.

Lorre Mill make the wonderful Double Knot synth.


"The utone circuit uses CMOS logic, a resistor ladder, and a few other simple pieces to create audio forms. The scale inherent in this instrument is the undertone series, giving divisions of the main clock frequency."

Only the PCB is supplied



I'm not sure how I will eventually encase the synth.
I may end up incorporating this into a larger project.

tHE CMOS ICs used are a CD4046BE & two CD4015BEs

The CD4046BE is a PLL (Phase Locked Loop)
The CD4015 is a Counter Shift Registers, Dual 4-Stage








 Quite a easy build.


Lancaster's CMOS book is the bible


I'm not sure how i'll encase this.





Links:
Muffs
Official - Lorre Mill
CMOS & Lunetta Synths

1 comment: