Saturday 20 April 2019

Fairlight - Flash Drive Upgrade.

I've finally got my beloved Fairlight back.
Thanks so much to Peter W for helping me install the kit and upgrade the synth.
Peter runs Horizontal Productions and has decades of experience with the Fairlight.


Its running beautifully.


The 8" floppy drives of the Fairlight are possibly its Achilles heel.
They were always breaking down. Plus those floppies are getting harder to find & more expensive to buy.
I highly recommend the flash drive upgrade.



Thanks to Failed Muso for pointing me in the right direction, and to Benard for making the kit possible.

 I initially attempted this installation by myself and it worked for about half a day until my system totally failed


It turned out that my PSU was overheating  so I called in the expert ... Peter W.

In addition to the flash drive installation here is now a new power supply, cooling fans, MIDI & restored voice cards.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment