Sunday 21 April 2019

Access Virus TI - Teardown

I was going to sell my Access Virus today so opened it up to check that all was OK.
In the end I decided to keep it.
She does sound very very good.

I think the TI especially is a classic.


 I've never looked inside one before. I wanted to check that the battery was ok

The yellow IC is a resistor network. "sumc1603 332G"
(Thanks Luke for the info)


Very easy though there are lots of screws.

 Another thing I noticed was the ribbon cable was blackened.
tHE cable connects the In/outs to the mother board
Potential for shorting if that heat sink burns through..
I'll probably replace this .

 The removal of the daughter PBC  ... holds the L'quid crystal display.
You will need to remove this if you wish to get to the faceplate.
Remove those 5 standoffs.











No comments:

Post a Comment