Thursday 7 October 2021

Helvetica Scenario - NLC - Build notes - part 1

 These are my build notes for the Helvetica Scenario


Its a dual sample & hold module with a voltage controlled slew for each channel.



It contains a simple jerk chaos circuit running at approx. 300Hz to supply a signal for sampling. So, it is similar to the sample and hold section of the Buchla 265 Source of Uncertainty except it uses chaos as a source rather than white noise and a 100Hz oscillator,


To get it running, patch a signal into the clock input. Clock 2 is normalled to Clock 1 so a signal on 1 will drive both channels.











I'll use a DG 411


 
Resistors & Caps


 


 I'll build my own vactrol
If making your own vactrols, select RL to suit your LEDs, generally 4k7 is a good starting point for modern bright LEDs.

You will need a biploar LED
I've ordered some 3mm bipolar LEDs from Ebay.
Use a 4.7k for red/blue


 To be continued when the LEDs arrive.......

Links

No comments:

Post a Comment