Saturday 29 May 2021

MST MIDI to CV Converter - sYNTHROTEK - part 2

This is part two of my build of the Midi/CV converter from Synthrotek.
Part 1 is here:
 

 

The MST MiDI to CV converter has been an easy job so far.
The components are all very nicely packaged and labelled.
Documentation is great.
 
 Finishing off the resistors on the logic board.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Just watch for shorts, esp the transistor voltage regulators.
 
My mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy 9 Note) has an amazing camera. 
The resolution is superb .
I have a microscope that I used to use to look for shorts, but I just use my phone these days. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Time for the control board

ATTENTION: The zener diode for the MST Midi to CV Converter MUST be the Fairchild 4.7v Zener diode. The mouser part number is 512‐1N5230B. Other 4.7v zener diodes will NOT work.




Not sure how to tell the difference between the two diodes

Luckly my phone has good magnification.
You should be able to see 41 48 printed on one of the diodes.

Resistors next
Then the Trimmer pot

USB socket & jacks first.
Once I have the panel secured to the jacks , I solder .
 
Switches next
Two of these : the push button & the toggle.
 
 Install the DIN sockets


LED last
It's bi-coloured and has 3 leads.
 
For more info about LEDs:



I usually install any ICs last.
These all go on the logic board>

tHIS first one is the PIC micro-controller (MCU).
Mine came pre-programmed. 
It's a pic18f2553. It's 8-bit.

The LT 074 is a op-amp of course.

The 6N138 is an optocoupler
 

The MCP4922 is a DAC ... a digital to analogue converter.

Nearly there...



Nice.















Links
 

No comments:

Post a Comment