Wednesday 4 December 2019

102

Some pics of the LA67 102.... Dual Stereo Locator
It's not a Buchla Module.
It follows the same size, format & the circuits used are I understand based on Don's schematics.
I hope one day, Buchla will release an official 102.

I've only seen one real Buchla 102 in the flesh. These are as rare as hen's teeth.
The LA67 version is a pretty easy build, though trying to match the JFETS is tricky.
 (I'm still trying to get it perfect at the time of writing).
I'm not affiliated with the manufacturer in any way. I'm building this to learn how it works
and these notes are just my personal doodles to help trouble shoot any issues I may encounter during the build.

 If you are unfamiliar with JFETS check this link out.
 https://djjondent.blogspot.com/2019/05/transistor-families.html

Metro Modular also make a module inspired by the 102 which is worth exploring if this module interests you. (I would also love to see a Buchla USA version).

 Anyway, back to the LA67 module.




The virgin PCBs, etc.


This module has a 0v & +15 power supply. The original used an additional +24V rail.
The original op-amp was most likely a LM301 (which has a +V rating of +18V)
This module's BOM calls for a TL071.



The BOM calls for J201's
Mouser No 106-J201
My sources tell me that the original used  2N4339 JFETs







tHE Rotary switches are these








No comments:

Post a Comment