Saturday 7 October 2023

AE modular - techno system 4

I've been playing around with my small AE modular to build a compact live techno system.

I'll make a few recordings and upload one to the AE modular website as a contribution to their upcoming Aetherwaves album.
So if you have a AE modular system, why don't you record something and contribute to the community.
+ Submissions are due by midnight UTC, October 23rd
That's still 2 weeks to get your shit together.

The link is here:

The rules for the submission are:
+ Only new and previously unreleased material is allowed (please don't use that same track anywhere else after the release!)
+ All sounds must be from the AE Modular. 
+ Maximum length 5 Minutes
+ External effects may be used, such as reverb, delay, EQ, compressor, etc.


My system is missing some modules so I decided to build these.
There are 3 DIY modules:
A LFO, a low pass gate  & a sequencer.

This is the LPG:
Here is its link:

The master clock source is a simple oscillator.

This I DIY'ed (breadboarded) using a CD 40106 IC


The 4 step sequencer uses 2 breadboards.

Its using a CD 4017 chip.

I'll post links to the individual circuits soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment