Saturday 25 August 2018

Roman 246r - Buchla Format - build notes 1

 
 These are my build notes for the Roman 246r
It's a Buchla format module.
I purchased the PCBs and panel many years ago.
I think you can still buy these from the electric Music Store.
The module is 5U wide. ... so pretty big.
 

 These are just my personal build notes.
I'm not a pro technician. 
These pics and notes as just to help me trouble shoot should I run into any problems.
 


The 1st PCB holds the pots and switches.

The 2nd panel is the main motherboard
These are pics from left to right
 



 



 I'm undecided if you add any mods or build this stock.
Dave Brown has an excellent page on his mods of a 246.
I might try this.

1N457 first

PCB 1. There are 97 of these
D1 - d97
 



On this PCB I've r
emoved R27, R28 R29, and R31 .
These are the 4K99 resistors


Also

Reference  Output

PCB1:
Change R3 to a link/wire.
Remove R5.
















-----------------------------------------------------------

Board 2 next post






No comments:

Post a Comment