Thursday 28 February 2019

Orbital Gig - Enmore Theatre - Sydney

Orbital gig Thursday 28th Feb, 2019




A post shared by jono (@dj_jondent) on

My ears are still ringing from this gig. Brothers Phil & Paul Hartnoll put on a great show last night.
 Orbital have been making music for as long as I can remember ... many decades.
The name of the band came after the M25 .......the ring road around London. I remember hearing their Dr Who theme as a kid(which they did play tonight). That track ignited my love for Electronic Music. It was awesome to hear it again.

They haven't abandoned their roots in 303 Acid. There was lots of use on a Roland 303 last night.
I think the drum was a Tempest. I did also spot a Matrix Brute.
The visuals were overwhelming ...making political comment on poverty, homelessness, Brexit, the royal wedding..






No comments:

Post a Comment