Thursday 28 February 2019

Severed Heads - Enmore Theatre Sydney 28th Feb 2019

Saw Severed Heads last night at the Enmore in Sydney.
They were supporting Orbital. Great gig.
Complementing the sound were amazing visuals. Some were shocking & at times gruesome ... reminded me of Francis Bacon . It was a shame that the Orbital rig was in my line of sight and blocked my view a bit.

Severed Heads have been a a big part of the Sydney electronic music scene since the 1980s.
Most people will remember them for the single "Dead Eyes Opened".
They originally released this in 1984 but it was remixed in 1994 and re-released, the latter version reached No. 16 on the ARIA Singles Chart. You may also know them from classics such as "Big Car" and "A Million Angels."

I hope Tom Ellard will keep this band going for many more years to come.

I'll post some better videos later on this page.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment