Monday 5 July 2021

Beat Frequency - NLC - Build notes - part 2

This is part 2 of my build notes for the NLC Beat freq module.
Part 1 is here
 
The module is in Eurorack format.
It's a CV and Gate generator.
 
You input two signals - audio or LFO rates and the module spits out CVs and gates
depending on the frequency difference between the two inputs.
Plus the module has lots of flashing / rotating LEDs which are always cool to watch.

All DIY. - The SMD is mostly 0805, pretty straightforward.


The build so far.
All ICs , diodes, trannies are on.
 the resistors now.

Re the LED resistors:
"RL: These are the resistors for driving the LEDs. As the resistors are shining thru the window on the panel, you want them brighter than usual. For example, if I normally use 10k for RL for a particular LED, I would use 4k7 for the same LED in this module."

I think I'll try 4.7K. 
If you are like me, you may have bought a bunch of LEDs off EBay many years ago and cant remember their specifications. So if the LEDs aren't bright enough, just swap them for a lower value.


There is just one PCB to populate.

Caps next.

All pots 100K



I'm using orange LEDs only because I have lots of them.


don't solder anything in till you have the panel on








Links
BOM
Wiki
 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click here to return to the NLC Build Index:
http://djjondent.blogspot.com.au/2015/03/non-linear-circuits-ncl-index.html  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment