Wednesday 8 September 2021

Happy 909 day

 The Queen of Pentacles just arrived in time for September 9.
Thank you endorphin.es & Happy 909 day
 
I don't know which drum I like the most.
I really like both and will probably keep both
They each have 7 voices.
The queen has 3 analog drum voices and 4 sample based voices. You can put your own samples in the SD card which is at the back on the module.
I dont mind this. Its a drum machine, not a sample player. The real estate is better utilised with more controls and effects than a SD card slot.
 
It's not a clone / copy of the Roland TR 909 which I'm happy about. We need new drums. 
Apparently, the 3 analog voices are based on 909 circuits ... but there is no intention to just copy.
This is so refreshing to see. Thank you Endorphin.es for creating something new, which still honours the past.
 
If you want a 909, get one.
 
The Blck Noir.
Here the circuits are loosely modeled on the Roland CR-78. 
Though it sounds nothing like my 78.
It's a little more noisy (in a good way) and the extra effects and controls open up the beast.
It reminds me of the DFAM. both very different, but industrial and metallic sounding.

It shares the same effects and filter as the Queen.

The voices are
  • Kick
  • Snare-drum
  • Tambourine
  • Closed hi-hat
  • Open hi-hat
  • Cymbals
  • Metal beat

Missing the Guiro. It does have the "metallic beat" ..an accent that can be overlaid on the hi-hat voice
which I think sounds really neat.

The Master isolator-style LP/HP filter is great.



No comments:

Post a Comment