Friday 27 September 2019

Model 155 - Dual Integrator

Some pics of a build I'm doing for a friend.

It's not a Buchla module.
It follows the same size, format & the circuits used are I understand based on Don's schematics.
This is the LA 67 version.

I hope one day I'll find a vintage original, or Buchla USA will release an official 155 module.


I am in no way affiliated with the manufacturer.
These are just my personal notes to help trouble shoot any problems I might encounter during the build.


.
A vintage Buchla 155 is super super rare. I have never seen a real one and can only imagine how it would function. My hope is that Buchla USA will reissue this module soon. (please Eric).
Or if you have one and wish to part with it, don't hesitate to contact me.

The module is described in some old 1992 docs as such:

"(The 155) produces continuous control voltage functions when used in conjunction with sources of discrete control voltages (e.g. keyboards, sequencers). Positive and negatives slopes may be individually varied from 15 volts in .0025 seconds to 15 volts in 10 seconds; either or both slopes may be voltage controlled. Particularly useful for generating complex voltage controlled envelopes, frequency glides, and repetitive control functions."

(from a catelog for the 1992 Ars Electronica exhibit Eigenwelt der Apparatewelt. Pioneers of Electronic Art, edited by David Dunn)

So it looks like it's an early form of function generator.

 The integrator is a very important electronic circuit. You will see this type of op-amp circuit again and again.

This is a common RC or resistor capacitor circuit.
It's also commonly known as a Op amp integrator circuit.

This module however doesn't use op-amps. 
Instead it uses transistors.
Google Miller integrator.




No comments:

Post a Comment