Friday 5 June 2020

Metro Modular Eurorack Power system 101 - MM1527A

Metro Modular Eurorack Power system 101
Some pics of my build.
The model number: MM1527A
This is a combined Eurorack PSU with bus board.


It will supply +12V (1A), -12V (600mA) & +5V (1A)




You will need 3 of these 12V DC/DC converters
490-VXO7812-1000




When soldering these components, I found that some needed more heat than I usually use on my soldering iron. My standard temperature is 300 degrees celsius.
My guess was that the ground was acting like a heat sink.
I consulted Justin about this and he confirmed that he used planes on all the rails except the 5V .
In addition, he used 2 oz copper which doubles the thermal conductivity.

So when building one of these boards, it's probably a good idea to use temperature controlled irons.
Keep the temp around 350 to 400 degrees, but drop the temp when soldering temperature sensitive components like capacitors.


The PSU is designed to use a DC brick 17V to 20V DC
These are commonly used in laptop PSUs



Inductors



This is the 5V DC/DC converter.
Just one is needed
Mouser : 490-VXO7805-1000







For more information see their sites:

+ Metromodular Facebook
+ Metromodular Youtube
+ Metromodular website  
+ mODULAR Grid

No comments:

Post a Comment