Tuesday 16 October 2018

LZX - Cadet III - Video input

As the name says this Eurorack module allows you to get external video into the synth.
It amplifies the input signal.
It is best used for monochromatic input cameras or devices with Genlock capability.
I understand that you will however need the Cadet I to get a steady video signal even though
the Cadet III doesn't use the 14 pin sync header.

The Cadet III has brightness and contrast knobs. It converts the input video into a black and white "Luma" signal.
These aren't official build notes, just my records to help me trouble shoot.
It's a work in progress.
Do let me know if you spot any errors or omissions.



u9 - TL431BQLPR
I'm trying this instead.

"2N3904 and 2N3906 is OK. These are generic NPN/PNP parts." (CreatorLars).

Installed the LM1881N/NOPB. Its a video sync separator. It extracts timing information from
from standard negative going sync NTSC, PAL and SECAM video signals

The composite video signal enters on pin 2.
You would get a vertical sync and a horizontal sync signal out of pins 3 & 1 but these don't appear to be connected in the schematics. (I think these sync signals could be used to make ramps if you wish to do some vector rescanning)


installed the CD-4053. CMOS

 Re the 2x8 pin power header.
I've built just 2 x 5 pin headers since the schematics indicate pins 15,13,& 11 (for Gate, CV & +5v) arent connected. (Though I may will change this in the future if I find they are)



ICs used in this build:
CD4053BE - its a 3 channel multiplexer
LM6172IN/NOPB - op amplifier
LM1881N/NOPB - video sync separator.
TL431BQLPR - voltage shunt regulator
TL072IP - op amp
----------------------------------------------------------------------


Links:
LZX official
Muffs - Cadet series DIY/assembled

---------------------------
Click here to access the Video Index page

No comments:

Post a Comment